Thursday, December 23, 2010



Christmas is almost here.
I have been working hard on lots of little Christmas ornaments to give as gifts. I love making Christmas ornaments. They are little works of art that people take out to make their holiday more special. They pause to remember who gave them the ornament and when. I have ornaments that I made over 30 years ago. I love to look at them and remember making them so long ago. I always say, "And these are older than my son."
I also enjoy wrapping them in a special way so that they seem to be a little 'more' than they really are. The package can make something inexpensive seem more special and costly.
I made Christmas Penguins from egg gourds, Santas from dried Okra, and little mice stuck in raisin boxes.

2 comments:

Susie McMahon said...

Cute penguins......and I love the mice raiding the raisin boxes - too funny!

Have a great Christmas Cindy, and a fabulous 2011!

Irene said...

I know you will have a wonderful family Christmas and can't wait to hear all about it. Call me soon. Love Re'