Monday, June 29, 2009

Time for me.

I finally have time to work on one of my own projects. I had a wonderful time directing Vacation Bible School at my church. We had some neat kids, great skits, and learning times. And a number of kids made decisions to follow Jesus.
And now I have some time to doodle around on my own dolls. So I am trying to finish one that I had started almost a year ago.
This is how she looked with her body on and gessoed.
Then I started painting her face and body a flesh color. I always like painting the eyes first. This our first look at each other. We are both pretty happy.

This is her pretty face almost done. I love using chalks and pencils for final touches.
Now her eyebrows are done and its almost time for a wig. I wanted to make one but I'm not so great at that. And this is a pretty big head so I'm wondering how hard it would take to make one.





4 comments:

Once Upon A Blue Crow said...

Yay for 'YOU' time! She is beautiful. I can't wait to see more of her!

Susie McMahon said...

She is so swe-e-e-et! I always think if a doll looks OK with no hair, then all will be well.......and she looks wonderful bald!
Can't wait to see her finished....hope you get more 'me' time soon.

Atticbabys said...

AWWWW, What a cutie pie! Great face!
Nan

Melody said...

need update on this project more more more pictures please