Thursday, September 20, 2012

Flowers From My Yard

All summer I have been saving flowers picked from around my yard.  Some are flowers that most people would not consider drying as they shrink up pretty badly.  But I saved them for their colors.  I even saved some wildflowers.  They laid on a tray on my table for months.  I'm sure my husband thought I was crazy.  But I had a purpose.  Finally I felt like I had enough to make an impression.  so I cut a ring from cardboard and hot glued the flowers to it.
I started with the longest stems because once you start hot gluing you can't just stick the stem in wherever you might want it.   Then the largest flowers and fill in the spaces with the small ones.  You can even glue flowers on top of flowers.  It is now hanging on my grandchildrens playroom door.
And just to prove that you can use just about anything from outside, the 'real' floral stuff in this arrangement is just overgrown grass.  I guess fescue is really just wheat?  Anyway.  I picked a bunch of it and put some in a glass jar and some I hung on a wall.  This is after one month.

Sorry this is blurry.  But you get the idea.

No comments: