Monday, December 14, 2015

Catching UP

I can't believe I have not posted anything in two years.  I guess I have been really busy. I have had a wonderful year.  I"ve lost 35lbs and feel like I've gotten my life back. (If you are interested in finding out more about that I have another blog.  www.journeyisa.blogspot.com )
I have been crafting, singing, playing music and clogging.  WOW!
I took 29 items to the fair this year for competition.  I got ribbons on a number of things and was truly surprised to get blue ribbons on plants that I took.  I thought the plants were nice but really had no idea that they were that great.  I have intentions of putting lots of photos up.  I also need to post photos from last year's fair items.
     Some people don't understand why I like putting things in the fair.  I really love being motivated to get some projects finished and do projects that have been in my mind.  Sometimes other things just come first and being creative comes last.  So having a good reason to finally make these things gets me going.  Yes, the house gets a little neglected.  Yes, my husband feels a little neglected.  But it is only for a short time and then life gets back to normal.  And I end up with some finished projects that turn into Christmas gifts or get sold or sit around my house for me to look at and be satisfied. So, coming up are items that I have made over the past two years.
These pictures are from the fair last year.
V
This is a doll that had been waiting for years to be finished.  I turned her into a Victorian Fashion doll.  She got a third place at the State Fair.  They posted some reasons.  They were a little trivial considering the complexity of the doll.  But I'm just happy she is done and hope to someday make her more clothes. 

This cute little snowman (which is actually around 12" tall) is a gourd.  He got a second place... I think.

I thourght for sure that this gourd creation would get a first place but it did not.  It got second.  The first place was a wonderful gourd dragon on a giant dark crystal ball.  I gave this away. I need to make another.. maybe two for gifts.

This is the back of the cat gourd.  There is a spider in the front and a mouse in the back.

This was done with Sharpie Markers on a glass ball.

This little doll is a Vintage Horsman doll.  I made the outfit and it got a blue ribbon.

This was a gourd bowl entry. I think it got a red ribbon.  I am always happy when I get gourd things done.

This was a special item for me.  I really liked the finished project.  It got a read ribbon.  And someone wrote that they really liked the suggestions in the picture.  That was the idea.
This little elf was much fun to make.  It did not go into the fair but I did put another set of three similar items in the fair.  They did not win anything.

I was so excited to finish this granny square blanket.  I had a lot of the squares in a bag I had purchased at a thrift store years ago.  I had to make more in order to make a pink one.  But I finally got it finished and gave it to one of my granddaughters.

This sweet doll did not go to the fair.  She was in a doll swap.  She is a pattern by Edith Flack Ackley (EFA).  Her dress is made of vintage fabrics.  I got a sweet doll back.


These are two little felt ornaments I gave to my grandchildren.  They like them.


This is a My Child doll. She went to fair to model the little outfit.  She got a blue ribbon but I could not believe that someone took points off for her color combination and neatness.  I even made her socks, shoes and bows.


No comments: